Latest news: Cardpeek 0.8.4 is released (March 8, 2015).
Welcome to the Cardpeek website.
Cardpeek is a Linux/Windows/Mac OS X tool to read the contents of ISO7816 smart cards. It features a GTK GUI to represent card data is a tree view, and is extensible with a scripting language (LUA).
The goal of this project is to allow smart card owners to be better informed about what type of personal information is stored in these devices.
- EMV "chip and PIN" bank cards, including:
- VISA, MasterCard, CB and UK Post Office Account contact cards;
- PayWave (VISA) and PayPass (MasterCard) contactless cards;
- Electronic/Biometric passports, which have an embedded contactless chip;
- The Belgian eID card;
- Calypso transport cards including:
- Navigo transport cards used in Paris;
- MOBIB cards used in Brussels;
- RavKav cards used in Israel;
- VIVA cards used in Lisbon;
- GSM SIM cards (without USIM data used in recent cards);
- Vitale 2, the French health card.
- Moneo, the French electronic purse;
- Driver Tachograph cards;
- OpenPGP Cards (beta);
- Some Mifare Classic compatible cards (such as the Thalys card);
Full documentation is available here.