Download and installCardpeek can be installed on Windows, Linux, FreeBSD and even Mac OS X with a little extra effort. The latest version is always available from github.
- Download the windows installer cardpeek-0.8.4-win32-setup.exe.
- Run the installer and follow the instructions on screen.
Makefile.win32provided in the Linux tarball referenced below.
Instructions for compiling from source:
- Make sure you have the necessary prerequiste tools:
- C Development tools, including a C compiler (gcc or clang) and make.
- The development version of the following libraries:
- libgtk+ 3.0, version 3.5.4 or above (http://www.gtk.org)
- libglib 2.0, version 2.32 or above.
- liblua 5.2 (http://www.lua.org)
- libpcsclite (http://pcsclite.alioth.debian.org/)
- libssl (http://www.openssl.org/)
- libcurl (http://libcurl.org)
- iconv (usually provided by default)
- libreadline 6
- Download the Linux source code tarball cardpeek-0.8.4.tar.gz [openpgp signature].
- On the command line, unzip and untar the source tarball and switch to the source directory:
tar zxvf cardpeek-0.8.4.tar.gz
- If everything worked well, you should be able to launch Cardpeek by typing
- As root, execute
make installto finalize the installation of Cardpeek on your system.
-devsuffix. For example, for liblua-5.2, you need to install the package
An experimental pre-packaged version of cardpeek now exists for OSX: cardpeek-0.8.4-beta-for-OSX.zip. Download, unzip and run the application bundle directly or copy it in your Application folder.
Cardpeek should compile on Mac OS X following the same steps outlined for Linux. Note however that this requires setting up the correct development environment and an X11 server (Xquartz).
Cardpeek has notably been successfully compiled under Mac OS X Lion (10.7.5) with the following tools/environment:
- Xcode 4.6.2 Command Line Tools.
- Homebrew (http://mxcl.github.io/homebrew/), used to install all the necessary libraries.
- XQuartz (http://xquartz.macosforge.org/).
brew install glib brew install gtk+3 brew install curlBefore compiling cardpeek, you will need to make sure
brew install homebrew/versions/lua52brew install lua
PKG_CONFIG_PATHis appropriately configured:
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/X11/lib/pkgconfigFinally, you should be able to compile Cardpeek by issuing
make, as described above for Linux.
Compiling Cardpeek for FreeBSD follows the same process as for linux, with one minor difference. You will likely need to replace
ICONV_LIBS="-l iconv" ./configure
For the latest updates, the cardpeek GIT repository is available here: https://github.com/L1L1/cardpeek.git. Or directly grab the latest build:
git clone https://github.com/L1L1/cardpeek.gitYou will need to run
autoreconf -fito generate the
./configurescript, which is not included in the SVN.